Calling all youth who wants to see positive changes in themselves, their community & their country. If that’s you, join us and be part of the Youth Engagement Summit 2009 (YES2009) and be a driver of change, together with the world’s most engaging & inspiring global change icons such as:
Sir Bob Geldof , Founder of Live Aid & Live8
Biz Stone, Co-Founder of Twitter
Randi Zuckerberg, Director of Market Development at Facebook
Amitabh Bachchan, Bollywood megastar & TV host
Dr. Mamphela Ramphele, Former Managing Director of the World Bank
Dato’ Seri Tony Fernandes, Malaysian entrepreuner & founder of AirAsia
Nando Parrado, the ultimate survivor & inspiritional speaker
Garry Kasparov, Russian living legend of chess
Lorraine Hahn, noted former presenter for CNN & CNBC
Long Yongtu, Former Vice Minister of Trade in China
Yashwant Sina, Finance Minister of India (1998 – 2002)
David Magliano, Director of Marketing for London 2012
We’d like to have you with us at YES2009 in impacting the future. We have passes to give away to all who wants to be part of this momentous summit.
All you need to do is to tell us, if you could change one thing in your lifetime, what would it be, and who will it be for? Yourself, your community, or your country? And how will you contribute to it?
You can participate by sending in comments via this blog post. All winners will be notified via email by end of Friday (13 November).
We look forward to your entries, it starts from 1700hrs (GMT+8) 11 Nov 2009 and ends on 1200hrs (GMT+8) 13 Nov 2009. All the best!!
More info about YES2009 here
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The “YES2009” contest [“Contest”] is organised by AirAsia Berhad [“Organiser”]. The Contest will commence from [“Contest Period”]: 17:00 (GMT+8) 11 November 2009 and end 12:00 (GMT+8) on 13 September 2009
The winner of this Contest will receive the following prize:-
• ONE (1) entry pass worth USD300 to the Youth Engagement Summit 2009 (YES2009) held at the Putrajaya International Convention Centre from Monday , 16 November 2009 – Tuesday, 17 November 2009. (Prize does not include transportation to & from winner’s original destination to Kuala Lumpur and accommodation as well.)
2. The Contest is open to all fans of AirAsia in Facebook except for the following [“Participant”]:
a. Permanent and/or temporary staff or employees of AirAsia Berhad, P.T. Indonesia AirAsia, Thai AirAsia Co., Ltd., AirAsia X Sdn. Bhd. and Go Holiday Sdn. Bhd and its immediate family members;
b. Representatives and/or agents (including advertising & promotion) of AirAsia Berhad, P.T. Indonesia AirAsia, Thai AirAsia Co., Ltd., AirAsia X Sdn. Bhd. and Go Holiday Sdn. Bhd.
3. By virtue of an entry to the Contest, Participants signify acceptance and agreement to all terms & conditions set out here.
4. To qualify for the Contest, participants will have to do the following:
a) Participants have to have an account with www.airasia.com. It is the same login ID & password in which they use to login as a RedAlert member.
b) Participants can register via www.blog.airasia.com, should they not have an account with www.airasia.com by following these steps:
a. Log into www.blog.airasia.com
b. Click on “Sign up for an account” under the Member Login panel on the top right hand of the website.
c. Participant will have an account ready for use after registering, and can start sending in comments in response to the blog post at www.blog.airasia.com
d. To participate, participants are required to login with their www.airasia.com ID and password. Entries are to be made in the form of comments submitted in response to the question posed on the AirAsia Blog.
c) Winners will be selected based on the relevance of the answers posted & will be contacted via email
5. Only entries in English, Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia and Chinese will be accepted.
6. All entries for the Contest must be submitted and received by 12:00 (GMT+8) on 13 November 2009.
7. Only Participants that fulfill the Contest Mechanism stated above shall be eligible to win the Prize. Incomplete entries and/or participants that fail to fulfill the Contest Mechanism will automatically be disqualified from the Contest without notice.
8. The winners will be selected based on the most relevant answer by a panel of judges appointed by the Organiser.
9. Selected winner will be contacted, at any time deemed appropriate by the Organiser, via Facebook and email.
10. The Organiser (including it respective employees, staff and agents) shall not be liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity and consequential loss arising therewith) and/or any damage suffered by any winner in connection with the Contest.
11. The prize is not exchangeable and/or transferable. Failure to accept prize by winner when required to do so shall constitute a rejection by such winner and the Organiser reserves it rights to award the prize to another winner.
12. The winner is bound by the terms and conditions that come with the prize. The acceptance of prize indicates the acknowledgment and agreement of such terms and conditions.
13. The Organiser reserves its sole right and discretion to delete, remove, not consider or reject answer that is deemed by it or its judges to be improper or offensive in whatever nature.
14. The Organiser reserves its rights to publish or display materials or information, including but not limited to the names and photographs of all participants for marketing, advertising and publicity purposes in any manner it deems appropriate. The Organiser further reserves its right to use any personal data of participants in any manner and/or for any purpose it deems fit and participant is deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.
15. The Organiser reserves its right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest with or without any prior notice and reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Organiser shall not entitle the participant to any claim or compensation against the Organiser for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
16. The terms and conditions herein shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any other promotional or advertising materials for the Contest. In the event of any inconsistency, conflict, ambiguity or discrepancy between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail at all times.
17. The Organiser reserves its right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions and/or substitute or replace the gifts from time to time without any prior notice.
18. By participating in the Contest, it is deemed that the participant agrees to be bound by the terms and subject to the conditions herein set out upon submission of entry. The decisions of the Organiser in relation to every aspect of the Contest including but not limited to the type of prize and winner shall be deemed final and conclusive under any circumstance and no complaint from any participants will be entertained.
19. The decision of judges appointed by the Organiser are final, conclusive and binding and no further appeal, enquiry and/or correspondence will be entertained.
20. Winners will have to bear visa application charges and any additional cost of preparing necessary document for travel. AirAsia will not be responsible for failed visa application.