AirAsia X, the Malaysian based long-haul, low fare affiliate of AirAsia partners with 47 year old adventurer, Khoo Swee Chow by launching Altitude X; a climbing expedition, taking Khoo on an X-hilarating, and X-treme adventure and experience around the world. Altitude X will take Khoo on an X-citing journey on his quest of scaling eight of the highest peaks from June to November within the AirAsia X’s network namely China, London, Paris, Iran, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and New Zealand.
In conjunction with Khoo’s climb to Mount Fuji, AirAsia will be launching a limited one of a kind tour package to Japan from 25-30 August 2011 which will include a climb to Mount Fuji with Swee Chiow as part of AirAsia’s “To Japan With Love” campaign whereby part of the proceeds from the packages sold will be donated to Japan Platform based in Tokyo who are dedicated in helping those affected by the earthquake in Japan.
For more information on Altitude-X, please visit www.altitude-x.com
Before you consider to purchase the package, you can try out this special fan’s contest to win a chance to join this meaningful expedition!
4 X GRAND PRIZE
• ONE (1) round trip on AirAsia X to Tokyo, Japan from Kuala Lumpur
• 6 Day 5 Night Mt Fuji expedition tour packages (with Hotels and Transport)
Start: 12:00hrs (GMT+8:00) , 29 June 2011
Close: 23:59hrs (GMT+8:00) , 30 June 2011
1. Which of the below is untrue about Altitude X? (hint:www.altitude-x.com)
a. Altitude X is a climbing expedition
b. A partnership between AirAsia and adventurer Khoo Swee Chiow
c. Altitude X will take Khoo on an adventure to Mount Fuji only
d. AirAsia is the title sponsor of Altitude X
2. Altitude X will take Khoo on his quest of scaling eight of the highest peaks within the AirAsia X’s network, the long haul low fare affiliate of AirAsia.
Below are some of the destinations within AirAsia X’s network. List down the correct eight destinations where Khoo will be climbing.
j. New Zealand
3. When is the official climbing season on Mount Fuji?
b. July- August
4. Which of the below is true bout the “To Japan with Love” campaign?
a. A charity initiative in aid to those affected by the Japan earthquake and tsunami in March 2011
b. A collaboration between AirAsia Group and Japan Platform
c. Special donation boxes will be available onboard across all AirAsia’s network for guests to donate towards this worthy cause
d. All of the above
5. Which organisation will the proceeds from the “To Japan With Love” campaign be channelled to?
a. Red Crescent Japan
b. JANIC (Japan NGO Center for International Cooperation)
c. Japan Platform
6. Complete and create a creative slogan to promote Japan after the earthquake.
Air Asia X takes _____________________________________________________
How to WIN?
It is simple. Email all the 6 answers and your personal details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email Subject – [The Altitude-X Mt Fuji Challenge] – [Your name]
To Japan with Love campaign was launched by AirAsia Group on 10 May 2011 which series of initiatives among others, a fundraising drive across the airline’s entire network and logistical support for an ASEAN Secretariat-led regional youth outreach program. Throughout the campaign, special donation boxes will be made available on all of AirAsia (AK), AirAsiaX (D7), AirAsia Indonesia (QZ) and AirAsia Thailand (FD) flights for guests to donate towards this worthy cause.
The campaign is a gesture of support and solidarity from AirAsia Group to the people affected by the 9.0 magnitude earthquake and tsunami and the ensuing nuclear disaster that affected North Japan recently..one year, depending on the situation and needs in Japan. All donations collected from the campaign will be handed over to Japan Platform, a consortium of 32 Japanese NGOs at the forefront of recovery efforts in north eastern Japan.
Together let’s help to recover Japan.
All The BEST!
AirAsia Social Media Team
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The “AirAsia Altitude-X Mt Fuji Challenge” contest [“Contest”] is organised by AirAsia X Sdn Bhd [“Organiser”]. The Contest will run for four (2) days commencing from [“Contest Period”]: 12:00 (GMT +8) 29 June 2011 and end 23:59 (GMT +8) on 30 June 2011. Four (4) Winners will be picked at the end of the Contest Period and will be given the following prizes (“Winners”):-
4 x GRAND PRIZE
• One return trip from the Kuala Lumpur, LCCT (KUL) to Tokyo, Haneda Airport with 6D5N Mt Fuji expedition tour packages
2. The Contest is open to the public, except for the following [“Participants”]:
a. Permanent and/or temporary staff or employees of AirAsia Berhad, P.T. Indonesia AirAsia, Thai AirAsia Co., Ltd., AirAsia X Sdn. Bhd., Koolred Sdn, Bhd. and AirAsia Go Holiday Sdn. Bhd. and its immediate family members;
b. Representatives and/or agents (including advertising & promotion) of AirAsia Berhad, P.T. Indonesia AirAsia, Thai AirAsia Co., Ltd., AirAsia X Sdn. Bhd., Koolred Sdn, Bhd. and AirAsia Go Holiday Sdn. Bhd.
3. By virtue of an entry to the content, Participants signify acceptance and agreement to all terms & conditions set out here.
4. To qualify for the Contest, Participants will have to do the following:
(a) Participants need to follow facebook.com/AirAsia
(b) A blog post will be posted on http://blog.airasia.com featuring 6 trivia questions surrounding Altitude X Mt Everest expedition journey and Mt Fuji.
(c) Participants are to find out the answers from Altitude-x.com and other online resource for the questions.
(d) Participants have to answer all questions a) Correctly with the b) Fastest time and c) a creative write up to promote Japan after the earthquake and submit to email@example.com mailbox.
5. Only entries in English will be accepted.
6. Submission of (d) must be submitted and received by the Organiser latest by 23.59 (GMT+8) on 30 June 2011. Late submission will not be entertained.
7. Only Participants that fulfils the Contest Mechanism stated above shall be eligible to win the prize. Incomplete entries and/or Participants that fail to fulfill the contest mechanism will automatically be disqualified from the Contest without notice.
8. The Winners will be selected based on most creative submission by a panel of judges appointed by the Organizer.
9. The Winners will be contacted, at any time and via email or any other mode of communication deemed appropriate by the Organiser.
10. The Organiser (including it respective employees, staff and agents) shall not be liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity and consequential loss arising therewith) and/or any damage suffered by any winner in connection with the Contest.
11. The Winners are bound by the terms and conditions that come with the prize. The acceptance of prize indicates the acknowledgment and agreement of such terms and conditions.
12. The Organiser reserves its sole right and discretion to delete, remove, edit, not consider or reject submission that is deemed by it to be improper or offensive in whatever nature.
13. The Organiser reserves its rights to publish or display materials or information, including but not limited to the names of all Participants for marketing, advertising and publicity purposes in any manner it deems appropriate. The Organiser further reserves its right to use any personal data of Participants in any manner and/or for any purpose it deems fit and the Participant are deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.
14. The Organiser reserves its right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest with or without any prior notice and reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Organiser shall not entitle the Participants to any claim or compensation against the Organiser for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
15. The terms and conditions herein shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any other promotional or advertising materials for
16. The Organiser reserves its right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions and/or substitute or replace the gifts from time to time without any prior notice.
17. By participating in the Contest, Participants agree to hold harmless, defend and fully indemnify the Organiser from and against all losses, damages, expenses and all third party actions, proceedings, claims, demands, costs (including without prejudice to the generality of this provision, the legal cost of each other), awards and damages arising as a result of the Participant’s entry to the Contest.
18. The Organiser will not cover any airport tax, insurance and other surcharges and/or administration fees applicable in relation to the Prize. The Winner(s) and guest(s) will be solely responsible for the payment of all airport taxes, insurance and other surcharges and/or administration fees, meals, baggage allowance, etc.
19. By participating in the Contest, it is deemed that the Participants agrees to be bound by the terms and subject to the conditions herein set out upon submission of entry. The decisions of the Organiser in relation to every aspect of the Contest including but not limited to the type of prize and winner shall be deemed final, conclusive and binding. No complaints, appeals, inquiries and/or correspondences from any Participants will be entertained.