As a frequent user of AirAsia, the last flight being last night from Bangkok, I would like to suggest the following pointers in the interest of improvements at the check-in and arrival conditions and lcct, klia as well as during the flight itself:
1. In addition to displaying information on gate numbers for flight departures, it would be useful for the notice boards to also display counter numbers for checking in. This would greatly facilitate and improve the efficiency of checking in, which is frequently hampered by overcrowding and general lack of space. This is sop in most airports of the world.
2. Group check-ins should be done at a separate dedicated counter, as I have exprienced waiting in line for an excruciatingly long time for the person in front of me with about 20 passports of passengers to check in.
3. Arrival conditions at lcct is deteriorating fast. Not only is the baggage retrieval area greatly overcrowded, but also the signages giving details which baggage is arriving on which carousel is wrong. for example, the baggages for flight ak887 last night were delivered to a carousel displaying an fd ( with 4 digit numbers) flight whereas the carousel displaying the ak887 number remains empty!
4. There was a mad scramble to board flight ak 887 at the e3 terminal of suvanarbum airport, bkk last night, with no consideration given to express boarding passengers. to overcome this, why don’t air asia practise allocating seat numbers, as practised by other budget airlines, eg virgin blue?
5. Announcements on board the plane by both the flight attendants and captain can be improved upon. the attendant ( male ) obviously made a wrong announcement by saying the plane is about to land, just 5 minutes after taking off on flight ak 887 last night.
5. Whilst there is improvement in the variety of in-flight dining options, the local food such as nasi lemak contains too much coconut milk, which has a tendency to deteriorate with time, causing indigestion. perhaps you should stick to more stable food such as sandwiches, burgers and hot dogs, and they are less smelly too, especially on board.
Above are some of my comments experienced taking your flights in the hope you can take remedial action to improve conditions for frequent travellers of air asia.