It’s time to reveal the winners of the Discover Da Nang contest, and we’ve got to say, the response is simply amazing!
Kudos to all participants for all your great answers and we’ve got to tell you, the judges were definitely cracking their brains trying to make a decision because the slogans were just simply amazing!
Here are the answers to the 3 questions:
1) Basket Boat/Thung Chai/Thuyen Thung
2) Champa/Kingdom of Cham
So did you get it all correct? If yes, great job!
Alright, here are the three winners who’ll win:
3 x GRAND PRIZE
– ONE (1) round trip ticket on AirAsia to Da Nang, Vietnam via Kuala Lumpur for TWO (2) pax.
Teguh Pribadi Darmawan – Jakarta, Indonesia
“I want to Discover Da Nang because me and my wife love to travel into new places. Pristine beaches and cool mountain hideaways that Da Nang offers suit our searches for perfect gateways and little adventure. Further, a “quite” and not-yet-a-tourist-destination place like Da Nang is the perfect place for our second honeymoon.”
Linda Lim Foong Ling – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“I want to discover Da Nang because I’m the biggest supporter to AirAsia. I wish to be the 1st one to fly with AirAsia and land in Da Nang safely! Wherever you are, wherever I am, I love AirAsia!!!”
Kylie Westthorp – Melbourne, Australia
“I want to discover Da Nang because….. I’m intrigued to explore where dense history meets trendy beach escape; where coffee is culture; where street food is gourmet. I want to be hypnotised by Da Nang’s quaint and mysterious charm”
Congratulations to you guys!
Didn’t get to win your very own Discover Da Nang adventure? No worries!
AirAsia now flies you to captivating Da Nang! Discover Vietnam you’ve never seen at www.airasia.com from only RM69 all-in-fare! More information @ http://on.fb.me/q48k1F
If you’ve seen the breathtakingly amazing photos of Da Nang, Vietnam we’ve shown you on Facebook last week, you’d have a gut feeling that we’ve got something exciting coming up…and you’re absolutely right!
We’re giving you the chance to Discover Da Nang by yourself (and a friend!). All you’ve got to do is to answer the 3 simple questions below with clues based on the photo below and give us your most creative slogan!
1) If you stroll along Da Nang beach, you’ll see these unique fishermen boats that are quintessential to Da Nang. What are these boats called?
2) Which ancient kingdom is located in My Son, filled with religious relics, temples and towers reflecting the divinity of the king?
3) Which city is the Forbidden Imperial City located near Da Nang?
Complete the slogan below in less than 50 words:
“I want to Discover Da Nang because …..”
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Discover Da Nang! – Your Name” along with your details below:
i. Full name
ii. Date of birth
iii. Place of birth
iv. Passport number
v. Current Address
vi. Email contact
vii. Phone Contact
The Discover Da Nang contest starts at 11:00hrs (GMT+8) and ends 23:59hrs (GMT+8) on 3 October 2011 (Monday). Winners announcement will be on 4 October 2011 16:00hrs (GMT+8).
Want to know more about Da Nang? Check out our photo albums and share with your friends!
Terms & Conditions
1. The “Discover Da Nang!” [“Contest”] is organized by AirAsia Berhad [“Organizer”]. The Contest will run for ONE (1) day commencing from 11:00 (GMT +8) on 3 October 2011 and end 23:59 (GMT +8) on 3 October 2011 [“Contest Period”].
During the Contest Period, Three (3) winners will be selected and each of them will receive the following prize:-
3 X GRAND PRIZE
• ONE (1) round trip on AirAsia (flight from any AirAsia Berhad) to Da Nang (via Kuala Lumpur) for TWO (2) pax.
2. The Contest is open to everyone [“Participants”] except for the following:
a. Permanent and/or temporary staff or employees of AirAsia Berhad, P.T. Indonesia AirAsia, Thai AirAsia Co., Ltd., AirAsia X Sdn. Bhd. and Go Holiday Sdn. Bhd and its immediate family members;
b. Representatives and/or agents (including advertising & promotion) of AirAsia Berhad, P.T. Indonesia AirAsia, Thai AirAsia Co., Ltd., AirAsia X Sdn. Bhd. and Go Holiday Sdn. Bhd.
3. Contest Period:
• 3 October 2011
• Winners will be announced on 4 October 2011
4. To qualify for the Contest, Participants will have to do the following:
a. All Participants must “Follow” http://www.blog.airasia.com
b. A photo montage will be posted on the blog with Three (3) clues in the photo. All Participants are required to find out the answer.
c. All Participants are required to submit the answers of the Three (3) clues and complete the slogan “I want to Discover Da Nang because …” in less than 50 words, and send to email@example.com with “Discover Da Nang! – Participant’s Name” as the subject of the email from 11:01hrs on 3 October 2011 to 23:59hrs (GMT+8:00) on 3 October 2011.
d. All Participants must include their full details as below:
i. Full name,
ii. Date of birth,
iii. Place of birth,
iv. Passport number,
v. Current Address,
vi. Email contact and
vii. Phone Contact.
e. Each participant can only submit one (1) submission. Any subsequent submission will be disqualified.
f. The entry with 1) most correct answers with 2) the fastest time to submit with 3) the best creative slogan will win.
5. Only entries in English will be accepted.
6. All entries must be submitted and received by 23:59 (GMT +8) on 3 October 2011
7. Only Participants that fulfilled the Contest Mechanism stated above will be eligible to win the prize. Incomplete entries and/or Participants that failed to fulfil the contest mechanism will automatically be disqualified from the Contest without any notice.
8. The winners will be selected based on the most correct answers, fastest time and creative slogan by a panel of judges appointed by the Organizer.
9. Selected winners will be contacted, at any time deemed appropriate by the Organizer, via email.
10. The travel period will be restricted within a travel period decided by the Organizer.
11. Winners and guests are responsible for obtaining all entry, exit, health and other documents of the destination country and are required to have all necessary travel documents (i.e. valid passport, visa) at the time of departure. Organizer will not be responsible for any failed visa application.
12. All Winners are required to depart from Kuala Lumpur (LCCT Airport). Transportation to LCCT will be borne by the guest entirely.
13. The Organizer (including it respective employees, staff and agents) shall not be liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity and consequential loss arising therewith) and/or any damage suffered by any winner in connection with the Contest.
14. The winners are bound by the terms and conditions that come with the prize. The acceptance of prize indicates the acknowledgment and agreement of such terms and conditions.
15. The prize is not exchangeable and/or transferable. Failure to accept prize by the winners when required to do so shall constitute a rejection by such winner(s) and the Organizer reserves it rights to award the prize to another winner(s).
16. The Organizer will not cover airport tax, insurance and other surcharges and/or administration fees. The winner(s) and guest(s) will be solely responsible for the payment of all airport taxes, insurance and other surcharges and/or administration fees, meals, baggage allowance and etc.
17. The Organizer reserves its sole right and discretion to delete, remove, not consider or reject content that is deemed by it to be improper or offensive in whatever nature.
18. The Organizer reserves its rights to publish or display materials or information, including but not limited to the names of all Participants for marketing, advertising and publicity purposes in any manner it deems appropriate. The Organizer further reserves its right to use any personal data of Participants in any manner and/or for any purpose it deems fit and the Participants are deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.
19. The Organizer reserves its right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest with or without any prior notice and reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Organizer shall not entitle the Participants to any claim or compensation against the Organizer for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
20. The terms and conditions herein shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any other promotional or advertising materials for the Contest. In the event of any inconsistency, conflict, ambiguity or discrepancy between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail at all times.
21. The Organizer reserves its right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions and/or substitute or replace the gifts from time to time without any prior notice.
22. By participating in the Contest, it is deemed that the Participants agrees to be bound by the terms and subject to the conditions herein set out upon submission of entry. The decisions of the Organizer in relation to every aspect of the Contest including but not limited to the type of prize and winner shall be deemed final and conclusive under any circumstance and no complaint from any Participants will be entertained.
23. The decision of judges appointed by the Organizer are final, conclusive and binding and no further appeal, enquiry and/or correspondence will be entertained.