It was quite a sight, having a couple of pandas roaming around. A few people were quite terrified too. We didn’t really know how and why there were here… but when things were more calm, we managed to sit them down and they unraveled their story.
This is TongTong. He was found frantically walking around our office. Our security officer tried to calm him down, and we got the story out of him.
According to TongTong, both himself and NiNi are from Chengdu, China. That’s where the Panda Research Base is, and most of their friends are there. They don’t remember much of what happened, but visions of being shoved into a large box, and a lot of darkness. We suspect they were kidnapped by hunters who wanted to sell them illegally.
Somehow, when they awoke and tried to break out of the box, they are already on ground. Not sure of where they are, they made the dash of their lives and realised they were in a big place with a lot of planes (we have explained to them they are at LCCT, Kuala Lumpur – beats me how they ended up here!).
Funny thing is, as they were wandering around, looking for help, they bumped into some buntings promoting our new route to Chengdu, China!
We gave them T-shirts too!
And now, after relating their story to us, all they really want to do is to go back to Chengdu, and wants our help to send them back to Chengdu. The fastest way for them to go back is to travel by flight, as only AirAsia flies direct to Chengdu, China from Malaysia; and our inaugural flight has been set to be on 23 November 2009!
After some talks & deliberation with the management, we have decided that we will send them back to Chengdu on our first flight out on 23 November 2009, with ONE condition. They both need to get at least 500 supporters to take pictures with them, and we’ll send them back!
In other words, 500 pictures with supporters who says, “Yes, AirAsia, send them home to Chengdu!”
So, TongTong & NiNi has got a plan. They will be camping out at The Curve (Fashion Walk 3, in front of Metro Jaya), Damansara this weekend (25 – 27 September 2009). No, not to do shopping, but to get as many supporters as possible to take pictures with them so that they can return to their homeland.
Here are more details:
Venue: Fashion Walk 3 (in front of Metro Jaya), The Curve, Damansara
Date: Fri – Sun, 25 – 27 September 2009
Will you help TongTong & NiNi?
We will also throw in 2 x Return Flight Tickets to Chengdu for the best pictures with TongTong & NiNi. So, you can also accompany the both of them home on our inaugural flight to Chengdu, China!
So, get the word out & be at The Curve, Damansara this weekend to help TongTong & NiNi with their ‘Send Me Back to Chengdu’ Quest… they really, really need your help.
P/S: All the pix taken with TongTong & NiNi will be uploaded into AirAsia’s Facebook Fan Page, and open for voting from 28 September onwards. The supporter with the most ‘Likes’ for the picture will win the return flight to Chengdu with TongTong & NiNi
Look out for more information on TongTong & NiNi’s endeavours with us!
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The “Send Me Back to Chengdu” contest [“Contest”] is organised by AirAsiaX [“Organiser”]. The Contest will commence from on 10:00 of 25th September 2009 and end on 21:00 of 4th October 2009 [“Contest Period”]. The winner of this Contest will receive the following prize:-
• 1 x TWO (2) return flights to Chengdu on AirAsia X, from Kuala Lumpur.
2. The Contest is open to all fans of AirAsia Facebook, AirAsia Blog, AirAsia Twitter, AirAsia RedAlert members [“Participant”], except the following:
a. Permanent and/or temporary staff or employees of AirAsia Berhad, P.T. Indonesia AirAsia, Thai AirAsia Co., Ltd., AirAsia X Sdn. Bhd. and Go Holiday Sdn. Bhd and their immediate family members;
b. Representatives and/or agents (including advertising & promotion) of AirAsia Berhad, P.T. Indonesia AirAsia, Thai AirAsia Co., Ltd., AirAsia X Sdn. Bhd. and Go Holiday Sdn. Bhd.
c. By virtue of an entry to the Contest, Participants signify their acceptance and agreement to all terms & conditions set out here.
3. Contest Period:
Week 1 (10:00 of 25 Sept 2009 – 21:00 of 27 Sept 2009)
Week 2 (10:00 of 1 Oct 2009 – 21:00 of 4 Oct 2009)
To qualify for the Contest, participants will have to do the following:
a) Participants have to upload the pictures taken with the panda mascots via a Facebook entry in www.facebook.com/AirAsia.
b) Only photos taken in Airasia – Citibank road show and LCCT road show are acceptable.
c) Selection of winners will be based on the highest votes earned on submitted photo in Facebook.
d) The winner(s) will be announced on 12 October 2009.
e) The winner(s) will blog on their experience in Chengdu once back to Malaysia.
4. Only genuine entries will be accepted.
5. Only the Participant(s) that fulfil the contest mechanism stated above shall be eligible to win the prize(s). Incomplete entries and/or Participants that fail to fulfil the Contest Mechanism will automatically be disqualified from the Contest without prior notice.
6. There will be ONLY two winners for this Contest.
7. The winner(s) will be selected by the Organiser. No correspondence will be entertained.
8. The winner(s) MUST submit a blog entry on the experience in Chengdu latest by 30th October 2009.
9. Selected winner will be contacted, at any time deemed appropriate by the Organiser, via email. The email will include a code to identify the winner.
10. Winner’s name will also be announced online at AirAsia Blog, AirAsia Facebook Fan Page and AirAsiaDotCom Twitter account.
11. The Organiser (including its respective employees, staff and agents) shall not be liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity and consequential loss arising therewith) and/or any damage suffered by any winner in connection with the Contest.
12. The prize is not exchangeable and/or transferable. Failure to accept prize by winner when required to do so shall constitute a rejection by such winner and the Organiser reserves its rights to award the prize to another winner.
13. The winner is bound by the terms and conditions that come with the prize.
14. The Prize(s) must be fully redeemed. Flight booked and travelled on 20 October 2009. Please note that the departure city is Kuala Lumpur. The winner(s) is solely responsible for any arrangement made to be in Kuala Lumpur.
15. The Organiser reserves its rights to publish or display materials or information, including but not limited to the names and photographs of all Participants for marketing, advertising and publicity purposes in any manner it deems appropriate. The Organiser further reserves its right to use any personal data of Participants in any manner and/or for any purpose it deems fit and participant is deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.
16. The Organiser reserves its right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest with or without any prior notice and reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Organiser shall not entitle the Participants to any claim or compensation against the Organiser for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
17. The terms and conditions herein shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any other promotional or advertising materials for the Contest.
18. The Organiser reserves its right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions and/or substitute or replace the gifts from time to time without any prior notice.
19. By participating in the Contest, it is deemed that the Participants agrees to be bound by the terms and subject to the conditions herein set out upon submission of entry. The decisions of the Organiser in relation to every aspect of the Contest including but not limited to the type of prize and winner shall be deemed final and conclusive under any circumstance and no complaint from any participants will be entertained.
20. The decision of judges appointed by the Organiser are final, conclusive and binding and no further appeal, enquiry and/or correspondence will be entertained.