TERMS and CONDITIONS
1. [“#AA Country Hashtag Twitter Contest”] is organised by AirAsia Berhad [“AirAsia” or “Organiser”]. The Contest will run for TEN (10) weeks commencing from : 00 :01 (GMT+8) on 23 May 2013 and ends 23:59 (GMT+8) on 31 July 2013 [“Contest Period”].
The Organiser will pick ONE (1) winner weekly from the period of 28 May 2013 till 2 July 2013 and ONE GRAND PRIZE winner at the end of the Contest Period and will be awarded the following prizes*:-
- Exclusive AirAsia Smart Kit box . (“Weekly Prize”)
Grand Prize Winner:
- Mystery prize to be reveal by 10th July 2013 (“Grand Prize”) *Subject to terms and conditions contained herewith.
2. The Contest is open to anyone who is at least 18 years old on the date of entry and residing in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, India, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan [“Participants”] except for the following:
a. Permanent and/or temporary staff or employees of AirAsia Berhad, P.T. Indonesia AirAsia, Thai AirAsia Co., Ltd., AirAsia X Bhd., AirAsia Japan Co. Ltd., AirAsia Inc. and Go Holiday Sdn. Bhd., AAE Travel Pte Ltd. and its immediate family members;
b. Representatives and/or agents (including advertising & promotion) of AirAsia Berhad, P.T. Indonesia AirAsia, Thai AirAsia Co., Ltd., AirAsia X Bhd., AirAsia Japan Co. Ltd., AirAsia Inc. and Go Holiday Sdn. Bhd., AAE Travel Pte Ltd.
3. To qualify for the Contest, Participants will have to do the following:
(a) All details of the contest mechanism will be posted on AirAsia Blog (http://blog.airasia.com),
- AirAsia Twitter
- AirAsiaThailand Twitter
( c) Participants are required to include one of the following hashtag on their tweets (within 140 characters) which can be relevant or irrelevant to The Apprentice Asia television programme:
- Relevant to The Apprentice Asia : My favourite contestant are Ningku from India. It’s my country of origin! #AAIN
- Irrelevant to The Apprentice Asia : My Pinoy breakfast is the best! #AAPH
(c) Participants can submit as many tweets as they want throughout the whole contest period.
4. All entries for weekly contest must be submitted and received by the Organiser before/by 23:59 (GMT+8) before the airing of the new episode. Late submissions will not be entertained.
5. Entries in the following language will be accepted:
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
6. Only Participants that fulfill the Contest Mechanism shall be eligible to participate in the Contest. Incomplete entries and/or the Participants that failed to fulfill the Contest Mechanism will automatically be disqualified from the Contest without notice.
7. ONE* top Twitter contributor for the week will be selected as the weekly winner every Tuesday based on his/her number of tweets to win the Prize
Week One: 23 May 2013 (0001hrs, GMT+8) – 28 May 2013 (1200hrs, GMT+8)
Week Two: 29 May 2013 (2100hrs, GMT+8) – 4 June 2013 (1200hrs, GMT+8)
Week Three: 5 June 2013 (2100hrs, GMT+8) – 11 June 2013 (1200hrs, GMT+8)
Week Four: 12 June 2013 (2100hrs, GMT+8) – 18 June 2013 (1200hrs, GMT+8)
Week Five: 19 June 2013 (2100hrs, GMT+8) -25 June 2013 (1200hrs, GMT+8)
Week Six: 26 June 2013 (2100hrs, GMT+8) – 2 July 2013 (1200hrs, GMT+8)
Week Seven: 3 July 2013 (2100hrs, GMT+8) – 9 July 2013 (1200hrs, GMT+8)
Week Eight: 10 July 2013 (2100hrs, GMT+8) – 16 July 2013 (1200hrs, GMT+8)
Week Nine: 17 July 2013 (2100hrs, GMT+8) – 23 July 2013 (1200hrs, GMT+8)
Week Ten: 24 July 2013 (2100hrs, GMT+8) – 1 Aug 2013 (1200hrs, GMT+8)
*Participants are eligible to win only ONCE throughout the weekly contest. Each weekly winner, however, is still in the running for the Grand Prize for overall top contributor throughout the contest duration.
8. At the end of the contest period (23 May 2013– 31 July 2013), ONE top Twitter contributor throughout the whole contest duration will be selected as the Grand Prize winner.
9. The winners will be contacted, at any time and via email or any other mode of communication deemed appropriate by the Organiser.
10. In the event that the potential winner is not reachable after the third attempt made by the Organiser, the Organiser reserves its sole rights and discretion to select an alternate winner to receive the prize.
11. Failure to accept the prize by the winner when required to do so, shall constitute a rejection by the winner.
12. By participating in the Contest, participants are deemed to agree to be bound by the Terms and subject to the Conditions herein set out upon submission of entry. These Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any other promotional or advertising materials for the Contest. This Contest is governed in all respects in accordance with Malaysian law and shall be construed and take effect as an agreement made in Malaysia.
13. The Organiser reserves its sole right and discretion to delete, remove, edit, disqualify, not consider or reject submissions that are deemed by it to be improper or offensive in whatever nature.
14. The Organiser reserves the rights to publish or display materials or information, including but not limited to the names of all Participants or the photos submitted in the entries for marketing, advertising and publicity purposes in any manner it deems appropriate. The Organiser further reserves the right to use any personal data of Participants in any manner and/or for any purpose it deems fit and the Participant are deemed to consent to such use with no monetary compensation.
15. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute or replace the Weekly Prize and/or Grand Prize without prior notice or to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest with or without any prior notice and reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Organiser shall not entitle the Participants to any claim or compensation against the Organiser for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
15. By participating in the Contest, the Participants agree to hold harmless, defend and fully indemnify the Organiser from and against all losses, damages, expenses and all third party actions, proceedings, claims, demands, costs (including without prejudice to the generality of this provision, the legal cost of each other), awards and damages that may arise as a result of Participants’ entry to the Contest.
16. The decisions of the Organiser in relation to every aspect of the Contest including but not limited to the type of prize and winners shall be deemed final, conclusive and binding. No complaints, appeals, inquiries and/or correspondence from any Participants will be entertained.
17. The Organiser (including it respective directors, employees, staff and agents) shall not be liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity and consequential loss arising therewith) and/or any damage suffered by any participants and/or winner in connection with the Contest.
18. The Organiser reserves the right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions and/or substitute or replace the Prize without any prior notice.
19. The terms and conditions herein shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any other promotional or advertising materials for the Contest. In the event of any inconsistency, conflict, ambiguity or discrepancy between the English version and any other language version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail at all times.
20. All other expenses associated with this contest such as transportation, accommodation, airport tax, fuel surcharge, any other transportation and accommodation shall be solely borne by the Contest winners.